Clinical Psychologist / General Psychologist (Full-Time or Part-Time)
We have an opening for a psychologist to join our excellent team in a highly respected practice in the Upper Hunter Valley. The position would suit a clinician with competencies in treating many diverse conditions including complex trauma, anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, grief and loss, and relationship issues. This role is designed for a person who can take a hands-on approach to intervention, be able to work autonomously and have established or are developing skills in psychoeducation, assessment, and intervention. An eclectic approach utilising various evidence-based interventions is encouraged (e.g., CBT, EMDR, DBT, IPT, Schema Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, etc.), or willingness to undergo extensive training and supervision.
Professional development will be encouraged and supported. We have weekly staff meetings and peer supervision. We will offer a generous remuneration package taking into consideration experience and qualifications of the successful applicant. We are only interested in employing someone who hopes to stay in our rural area for several years and assist our community in providing dedicated and consistent mental health services. We have a great opportunity to grow our business as we have extensive waiting lists and excellent networks with all local health services and GP’s.
- Full administration support
- 6 weeks annual leave, plus public holidays
- Regular peer support
- Flexible work hours to suit your lifestyle
- Fully furnished and comfortable consulting rooms
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Consistent referral base and immediate case load
- Work with adults, adolescents, and children (you choose which age groups to work with).
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide a range of psychological services to clients, including assessment and intervention
- Adhere to appointment schedule and manage time effectively
- Maintain files and databases as required
- Communication with and preparing reports for GP’s, Insurance Companies, and other organisations.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA
- Working with Children Check and National Police Check completed
- Eligibility to provide services under Medicare and Workcover
- A compassionate mindset towards the people we are privileged to work with
- A commitment to continuing your professional development
- A positive attitude towards all aspects of your work
- A dedication to finding ways to engage with & help clients achieve their outcomes
- High level of oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, including the ability to work ethically, effectively, and efficiently.
To apply please email a cover letter and your current resume to email@example.com
Sherie Lonergan (02) 6545 9212